Executive Director Position Description
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Detroit Wine Organization. The position is responsible for the administration, event planning and strategic planning of DWO based on the recommendations set forth by the Board of Directors. This is DWO’s only paid position and is the main contact and public face for the organization.
The position is part-time and hours will fluctuate depending on what’s going on. It will primarily require work from home via computer and phone, although local travel for events and meetings is necessary. Most activities occur on weekdays, many times in the evening.
- Managing the Board of Directors and all of its functions.
- Assist in achieving DWO annual goals.
- Planning and executing two major events – Detroit Uncorked and the Spring replacement event for In Vino Speranza. The ED will lead committees made up of DWO Board members, members of the partner charity and volunteers. DWO’s main responsibilities include procurement of the wine and other libations, liquor license, silent auction items, restaurants, sponsorships, ticket sales, marketing/promotion/social media, entertainment, preparation of collateral materials and event logistics.
- Planning and executing Wine Down Wednesday events.
- Marketing the organization both to potential members and to the media, potential donors, industry members, etc.
- Fundraising and relationship building to draw in corporate donors, vendors, volunteers, and new members.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
- Keeping the organization’s books via Quickbooks and interfacing with its CPA for tax reporting and filing. Paying bills as needed. Maintaining budgets.
- Upkeep of DWO website and on-going social media.
- Marketing, public relations and fundraising experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of constituents, from volunteers to wine industry executives.
- Basic small business management skills related to finances.
- Extensive wine knowledge is not mandatory, but the candidate should have some knowledge as well as the interest and ability to become more educated.
For more information or to submit your resume, please email us at email@example.com